Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Covers and Marketing Campaign - BIRDIE DOWN and SCAT

OK, so I'm looking at fronting both BIRDIE DOWN and SCAT with some professional book covers, which gives me the opportunity to do what I didn't do last time - organise a campaign. I'm also thinking of making them exclusive for Amazon's KDP Select Programme for a few months to see how that works, but...

I didn't know this (doh!), although everyone else appears to, Amazon ranks books not by total volume but by the rate at which they leave the digital shelf. That gives Indies a chance, but it means there needs to be a fairly hefty take up in the early hours of a book's release for it to show up in their top 100. Once it's there, wonderful things happen: it appears in little thumbnails, casual visitors to the site get to see it, and they 'take a look inside'.

Maybe some of them then buy it, or as with KDP Select, a whole bunch of US Amazon Prime members borrow it for free. That's all I need.

So...

was wondering who'd help me get the word out during the days leading up to publication, so that readers download them on the first day of their re-launch.

If you're game, are a sport, or just like doing charity, please message me on my FB author page. Closer to the day, I'll send you a prompt and ask you to post a short message, or a link, on your FB page, or to 'twit a tweet'. Something like that, anyways. And if you do, then maybe, just maybe, I can make back the cost of the book covers!



Ha!


With thanks
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment