Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sequel to BIRDIE DOWN

I've started the sequel to BIRDIE DOWN. It'll probably be of around the same length, and be of similar pace and style. It'll focus on human trafficking and Lynthax's abuse of Trevon's undocumented 3rd generation inhabitants. The issues won't be quite the same as we understand them today, but of the sort that'll exist in 2210.

The working title is 'PETROFF'S POGROM'. It's anyone's guess as to how long it'll take. BIRDIE DOWN took 5 weeks to pen, 6 weeks to clean up, and 2 weeks of dithering over publishing.

Looking forward to it.

http://t.co/1mdfkUBZ

2 comments:

  1. 5 weeks !! Some times a chapter can take me five weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!-) Mind you, Peter, I didn't say it was any good. And it's 6 - 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, so it's full-on. They are the best hours of the day, though.(Maybe I should have also mentioned it takes me about 3 weeks of dithering to draft the first third of the plot.)

    ReplyDelete